Welcome to the Steve Jobs based Join Up Dots Free Podcast Interview with Leslie Bradford-Scott
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
My guest today, on the Steve Jobs inspired Join Up Dots free podcast interview is with a lady who has created something very different to every other guest we have had on the show before.
From a farm in Canada, she has created a multi million dollar brand stopping men and boy from stinking.
Yep, I kid you not…80% of her marketing plan is based around the hygiene habits of the male population…which we will get into on the show.
But most impressively for me is how before we even talk she has joined up her dots to where she is today.
So ready to have a quick run through of the dots? Well here we go.
- At 10, my father crushed my dreams of one day becoming a writer and pilot.
- At 12, we fled from Canada to Florida when my father was arrested for organized crime.
- At 16, my brother was killed by a drunk driver.
- At 17, I joined the US Coast Guard to chase druggies. (Like my father.)
- At 18, my father went to maximum security prison. (He got off the first time.)
- At 21, I was kicked out of the Coast Guard because I was Canadian.
- At 22, I married a Special Forces Green Beret (trained killer).
- At 35, I left my husband (who was abusive), penniless with no resume, 2 daughters and a dog.
- At 35, I took a job selling cars.
- At 37, I began to study the art of screenwriting to save me from the mind-numbing boredom of selling cars.
- At 37, I won an international film festival, and went on to write another award-winning script. Earned no money, however.
- At 43, I quit my $130,000 yr job working for a tyrant and took nine months off to sit in the woods by a river and think about life.
- At 45, I met the love of my life. (The Brit, of course.)
- At 46, I earned my pilot’s license and fly a float plane in the Canadian bush.
- At 49, I started a bath and beauty gift company which has become a multi-million dollar brand.
And that is the perfect place to start todays story.
How do you live a life like that and end up creating a company from a rural farm, that ends up being pitched on Dragons Dens?
And when did she realise that this was what she had been building up to throughout her life?
Well lets find out as we bring onto the show to start joining up dots with the one and only Leslie Bradford-Scott
During the show we discussed such weighty topics with Leslie Bradford-Scott such as:
How you can find a gap in a saturated market and position yourself where people will see you.
How the offline way of marketing can be equally as powerful as doing things online. Get out from behind the PC and make real connections.
The reasons why she made an appearance on Dragons Den, and what it did for her business.
How she uses near to the mark humour on her products, which works so well with her perfect avatar.
How To Connect With Leslie Bradford-Scott